Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Transformation Tuesday



The left picture is my 'before' for Insanity- my UNOFFICIAL start with Beachbody On Demand on August 1, 2016 (I had no idea what I was getting into!) I STARTED my health journey at the END of the Summer season---this is NOT my 'Summer body'. This is my Spring, Summer, Fall, AND Winter body. It is just ME, who I am, and a piece of my life. Since August, I have completed FIVE full Beachbody programs (what? those at-home workouts really work?) I eat much better---I do eat a LOT, but I eat WELL and I don't eat junk (abs are made in the kitchen..right?) I drink my Shakeology AND a ton of water every day. I coach other women on their health journeys (who actually help me in my journey more than they realize!) I do intense exercise 6 days a week (and I actually ENJOY it!!) I work on my personal development and self-love by reading books or listening to podcasts on a daily basis. I DO work HARD on taking care of ME---which then helps me to better take care of my family and other responsibilities. NOTHING in life that's worth having comes easy. For me, being healthy in ALL aspects of my life is 100% worth the constant challenge.

Just a bit of perspective- I weigh 6 pounds MORE now than I did last August. That number on the scale – whatever it may be and however you may feel about it- is NOT the ONLY indicator of hard work, or nutrition, or dedication, or knowledge, or happiness, or WORTH. That number is NOT the focus of my daily life, and I hope it’s not the focus of yours either. If you want to be HEALTHY and HAPPY for longer than just Memorial Day to Labor Day each year----don't do hard work just for your 'Summer body'. Do hard work for your Spring, Summer, Fall, AND Winter body---for YOU- and for EVERY aspect of your overall health. Wellness is about taking CARE of your body AND mind. Fueling yourself. Moving yourself. Challenging yourself. Respecting yourself. LOVING yourself. Your body and mind are truly a precious GIFT-- and you are only given ONE body and ONE mind…so why not provide them with the best possible LOVE and CARE?

No comments:

Post a Comment