Thursday, June 8, 2017

Ice Cream for BREAKFAST?!

Y'all. I am the FIRST to admit. I eat weird foods. I LOVE vegetables. I will try {almost} any vegetarian/vegan food out there. So, sometimes people assume ALL of my food is weird. {I promise, it's not!}

Until...NICE CREAM. Even my 'meat-and-potato' husband loves this stuff. SERIOUSLY. He has it ALMOST every morning for BREAKFAST! {Ice cream for BREAKFAST!? What!}

I did NOT invent this recipe, BUT I am sharing because NOT everyone KNOWS about this AMAZING treat! {and you NEED this in your life}

Nice cream is vegan, dairy-free, and lower in fat/calories/sugar than regular ice cream! Made with NORMAL ingredients that you have in your home.



In a food processor {I use a Ninja}, blend:
2 frozen bananas, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, splash of vanilla extract, pinch of cinnamon.
THAT'S IT.

Simple. Easy. QUICK. Few ingredients. WHAT more could you ask for?

NOW- the beauty of this recipe...much like my overnight oats and smoothie bowls, you can have VARIETY! {which is the spice of life, right?!}

Some of my ideas for DELICIOUS flavor combos.....
*PB2 + Cocoa powder = Peanut butter chocolate
*Mint extract + Chocolate chips = Mint chocolate chip
*Strawberries or blueberries = Fruity
*Cafe Latte Shakeology = Coffee
*Coconut milk + pineapple = Pina Colada

You also can TOP the nice cream with anything you'd like {in moderation}...
*Chocolate chips
*Granola
*Fruit
*Pure maple syrup
*Chopped nuts

*Unsweetened coconut

ENJOY! Let me know if you try this out!

Check out my friend Lauren and I discussing nice cream ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RGzlXNOT3w




No comments:

Post a Comment